L’vovo Derrango has announced that he will not perform at Cotton Fest this weekend due to health concerns.
In December last year, the musician was admitted to hospital after suffering a minor stroke while performing in KwaZulu-Natal.
In a statement he released on social media, L’vovo said the past few months have been one of the toughest periods in his life.
He added: “I’ve literally had to watch my life flash before me. Through it all, I’ve received unwavering support from my fans, family, and friends. I’ve been in constant engagement with my doctor these past few days about my condition”.
The Bayang’sukela hitmaker said after a lengthy discussion with his doctor, he decided to withdraw from performing at the festival.
“My sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused, and I hope to partake in the festival in the future when I have fully recovered,” he wrote.
Concertgoers not happy with L’vovo being on the lineup
After Cotton Fest lineup announcement, some people took to social media to complain about L’vovo, saying they do not want him on the lineup.
Responding to the backlash, the award-winning musician posted a video on social media saying: “I hear I’ve been trending for days on social media. It means you guys want to see me, and I will not disappoint you. I will be at Cotton Fest on July 2.”